Recent Construction Updates
Click on the title of each update below to view more information.
Construction Update: July 25, 2017
High Performance Sports Field
- Interior walls and floor slabs in the change rooms are complete
- Base material is installed under the field and installation of the turf will take place in August
- The storm pond expansion and underground utility work is complete
- The parking lot and road works are underway
- Piles are installed for the expansion, foundations are being worked on
- New water service is installed
- Parking lot is restored with gravel; asphalt will be placed in August
Historic Precinct Site Improvements
- Lights in the village area and parking lot to be installed late summer or early fall
Southfort Drive Widening
- Base gravel is complete
- Concrete curb installation is underway
- Access to South Greenfield Way will be Closed July 27 to 30th for grading and paving
- Paving will continue on the widening next week
Harbour Pool Universal Change Room
- Project design is underway
- Construction Management RFP will be posted this week with a closing date of August 10
Water Meter Radio Upgrade
- Installation is underway
- The Skateboard Society is fund-raising for the project
Neighbourhood Rehabilitation - Ross Drive
- Construction is underway
- Underground tie-ins to 98 Ave are complete
- Work is underway, pre-inspection of the services is being completed
City Facility Roof Replacements
- The Legion is underway
- Harbour Pool, CN Station are complete.
- The James E. Graham Building (Public Works) will be replaced this summer
Historic Precinct - Court House
- Windows and doors on the Court House are being refurbished this summer
River Valley Staircase
- Contractor is working on the steel structure for the staircase to the River Valley from Riverpark Drive
- Pile installation is complete
- Contractor will be mobilizing to site Aug 8
Kinsmen Playground Replacement
- Demolition complete
- Base work is underway
- New concrete curbs are poured
- Installation of the new structure is scheduled to begin next week.
- Lights on the access road and parking lot will be installed late summer/early fall
Westpark Boulevard Traffic Lights
- Traffic lights are installed on Westpark Boulevard near Husky
- They will operate on flash for one week prior to being fully activated
94 Street Traffic Lights at Cornerstone / Southpointe
- The RFP for the design of the traffic signals closes July 28
City Hall Front Steps Refurbishing
- Bids are being reviewed
- Work will take place this summer
Sump Pump Retrofit (Sienna Gate)
- Installation of services is complete
- Landscaping and Asphalt repairs continue
The City of Fort Saskatchewan endeavours to keep residents and visitors up-to-date about ongoing City construction projects.
For further information phone 780-992-6198.
The City of Fort Saskatchewan is developing a Pre-qualified contractors list for miscellaneous work up to $50,000 in value. The pre-qualification process consists of a safety questionnaire, a qualifications questionnaire and a listing of the work contractors are interested in.
The pre-qualified list will be used to request quotations for small contracts that come up during annual operations. Contract values are expected to be below $50,000 per contract.
Documents will be continually accepted and contractors added to the list. It is anticipated that interested contractors will be required to update their information on an annual basis.
- Safety Qualification Form - Section 1
- Safety Qualification Form - Section 2
- Safety Qualification Form - Section 3
- Safety Qualification Form - Section 4
- Safety Qualification Form - Section 5
- Safety Qualification Form - Section 6