Alberta's Industrial Heartland
Located in the northeast quadrant of the Edmonton Capital region, Alberta’s Industrial Heartland is one of the world’s most attractive locations for chemical, petrochemical, oil and gas investments. The region’s 40+ companies provide fuels, fertilizers, power, petrochemicals and more to provincial and global consumers.
- Canada’s largest hydrocarbon processing region
- Accounts for 43% of Canada’s basic chemical manufacturing.
- Over $30 billion in investments and an addition $20 billion of investment proposed by 2018.
- Existing feedstock pipelines
- Excellent highway networks
- Low cost of energy
- Competitive tax rates
Industrial development is strongly supported by the Municipal and Provincial governments. Alberta has the lowest overall system in Canada and is the only province without a provincial retail sales tax or health premiums.