This Commercial Infill grant was developed to help stimulate the revitalization of vacant or underutilized commercial property within an established commercial district.
- To reduce the number of vacant properties in established commercial districts.
- To accelerate new investment in mature properties and established commercial districts.
- Grant will cover up 10% of the eligible costs, up to a maximum of $25,000, per property.
- Amount of grant will be determined based on the following criteria:
- benefit to business district
- alignment with business district
- size and scope of the project
- amount of remediation require
- visual aesthetics of the project
- Property must be within the City of Fort Saskatchewan.
- Applicant must have a valid City of Fort Saskatchewan Resident Business Licence.
- Applicant must be the owner of the commercial property which will be redeveloped or renovated.
- Application must be for new construction or renovation of a commercial property that has been vacant or at most, 20% occupancy for a period of longer than 12 consecutive months.
- Property must be located on commercially zoned land that was registered under the provisions of the Land Titles Act a minimum of 15 years ago.
- Property cannot be located on Greenfield land or previously undeveloped land.
- Property owner must not be in arrears in municipal taxes or utilities for any owned property in Fort Saskatchewan.
- A property is only eligible to receive one grant within a three (3) year period.
- Applicants who have previously received a City of Fort Saskatchewan Business Development Program grant within the past 3 years will not be eligible. The lone exclusion is if they have received the Small Business Education Grant.
Guidelines & Application
The Commercial Infill Grant guidelines and application form can be downloaded below.