Anyone providing goods or services in the City of Fort Saskatchewan is required to have a Business Licence under the Business Licence Bylaw. A Business Licence is an important tool for any business. It demonstrates that your business is legitimate and complies with local laws and regulations and it provides important information in the event of an emergency at your business.
Business Licence Application
Business Licence applications and renewals can be conducted online through the CityView Portal. Click the button below to get started.
* Note that the City no longer issues hard copies of your Business Licence. An electronic copy of your licence can be obtained by creating a CityView Portal account. Click the button above to get started.
If you do not wish to obtain your business licence online, please download and complete the Business Licence Application Form, and submit it either:
- In person at Planning & Development, 2nd Floor, City Hall, 10005 - 102 St., Fort Saskatchewan
- By mail to Planning & Development, City of Fort Saskatchewan, 10005 - 102 St, Fort Saskatchewan, AB T8L 2C5
Business Licence Types
Resident Business Licence
For a business which maintains a a permanent business residence within the City of Fort Saskatchewan's corporate limits.
Non-Resident Business Licence
For a business which operates within the City of Fort Saskatchewan but does not maintain a permanent business residence within the City's corporate limits.
Temporary Business Licence
For a business which chooses to operate within the City of Fort Saskatchewan for 28 consecutive days or less.
Development Permit Application
A development permit is written approval from the City that your plans are in accordance to the Land Use Bylaw regulations. Please note that a Development Permit is required for all Resident Businesses before obtaining a Business Licence. Non-Resident Businesses do not require a Development Permit.
- Application Form - Home Based Business/ Accessory Home Occupation Development Permit
- Application Form - New Occupancy/Change of Use Commercial Development Permit
Business Licence Fees
Fort Saskatchewan's Business Licence fees are among the lowest in the province. The 2017 Business Licence fees are as follows:
|Licence Type||2017 Rates|
|Resident Business (based in Fort Saskatchewan)||$91.80 / year|
|Non-Resident Business (based outside of Fort Sask)||$309.00 / year|
|Temporary Business Licence (valid for 28 consecutive days)||$100.00 / 28 days|
* Note there is no fee to update your Business Licence information in the event that your business changes location, ownership, or contact information. Please call 780-992-6198 to update your information.