The Fort Saskatchewan Public Library Board is responsible for the operation of the Public Library. The Library has been established under the Libraries Act and the Board is responsible to ensure the Library is operated in accordance with that Act.
- Membership of the Board is comprised of one member of City Council and nine members of the public-at-large.
- The term of appointment for all public members is three years. A member of the Board is eligible to be reappointed for two additional consecutive terms of office, unless at least 2/3 of the whole Council passes a resolution stating that the member may be reappointed as a member for more than three consecutive terms.
Frequency of Meetings
Regular meetings are held monthly (ten per year – evenings) on a date and time to be determined by the Board.
Role and Responsibility as a Board Member
- Ensure effective management and operation of the Public Library.
- Serve on one of the following Standing Committees
Finance and Development and Advocacy Committee
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and financial statements.
- Promote and encourage community use of the services, resources and programs provided by the Library.
- Planning and development of specific requirements or programs for the Library.
- Evaluation of Board effectiveness done through review at Annual Board Workshop.
Library Board Additional Information