Water, Sewer, Solid Waste and Recycling Services
Fort Saskatchewan water is purchased from the Capital Region Northeast Water Services Commission. Water is supplied from EPCOR, and water quality reports for the Edmonton Area, including Fort Saskatchewan, are found on their website.
When looking up water quality reports, please choose "Edmonton" as your community, as the water provided to Fort Saskatchewan is supplied from the Edmonton Treatment plant.
Sewage treatment is provided by the Capital Region Wastewater Services Commission.
The City’s solid waste and recycling program is a weekly curbside service.
For information on electricity and gas providers, visit Utilities Consumer Advocate.
At the November 24, 2015 Council meeting, Council approved an external assessment of the water billing process to be conducted by an independent consultant. KPMG LLP completed the report in April.
Transfer of Service/New Service/ Closing Account
Please provide at least five working days’ notice to the Utility Billing department prior to the date services are to be set up or discontinued.
- Customers buying within Fort Saskatchewan please fill in and submit the Utility Move In section of Utility Transfers Form
- Customers selling or vacating a property within Fort Saskatchewan please fill in and submit the Utility Move Out section of Utility Transfers Form
- If you are buying and selling within Fort Saskatchewan, you will need to fill in both sections of the Utility Transfers Form.
All residential utility accounts must be set up in the registered owners name as per Utility Bylaw amendment (link to Bylaw C12-24). Renters cannot set up new utility accounts in Fort Saskatchewan.
If you have a rental property in Fort Saskatchewan please be aware that:
- All new utility accounts are held in the property owner’s name only.
- Property owner is responsible to ensure the balances are paid.
- The City can send a copy of the utility bill to the property address for the renter/occupant, but the owner is still responsible for the bill. The owner must complete the Renter Authorization Form to have a copy sent to the renter.
Completed forms can be submitted by:Email:email@example.com
Mail or Drop Off: City Hall, 10005 - 102 St, Fort Saskatchewan Alberta,T8L 2C5
Utility account numbers are linked to the property address, NOT the customer name. If you move to a new property in Fort Saskatchewan your account number will change. If you pay your bill online or by telephone banking, please ensure you update your new utility account number with your financial institution.
Utility Billing Department