Utility Account Setup/Closing
Please provide at least ten working days’ notice to the Utility Billing department prior to the date services are to be set up or discontinued.
Buying within Fort Saskatchewan
Fill in and submit the Utility Move In section of the Utility Account Setup/Closing Form.
Selling or vacating a property within Fort Saskatchewan
Fill in and submit the Utility Move Out section of the Utility Account Setup/Closing Form.
Buying and selling within Fort Saskatchewan
Fill in both sections of the Utility Account Setup/Closing Form.
All residential utility accounts must be set up in the registered owners name as per Utility Bylaw amendment (link to Bylaw C12-24). Renters cannot set up new utility accounts in Fort Saskatchewan.
If you have a rental property in Fort Saskatchewan please be aware that:
- All new utility accounts are held in the property owner’s name only.
- Property owner is responsible to ensure the balances are paid.
- The City can send a copy of the utility bill to the property address for the renter/occupant, but the owner is still responsible for the bill. The owner must complete the Renter Authorization Form to have a copy sent to the renter.
- Utility account numbers are linked to the property address, NOT the customer name.
- If you move to a new property in Fort Saskatchewan, your account number will change.
- If you pay your bill online or by telephone banking, please ensure you update your new utility account number with your financial institution.
Completed forms can be submitted by:
Mail or Drop Off: City Hall, 10005 - 102 St, Fort Saskatchewan Alberta,T8L 2C5