City Page: July 27, 2017 Edition
- Youth Demonstrations
- Career Fair
- Food Trucks
- Free Admission
August 19 from noon to 3:00 pm at Legacy Park.
For more information: 780-992-6265 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Trash Talk - Waste Collection Reminders
Collectors work hard every day to ensure your waste disappears from the curb. Please keep the following in mind to help make collection safe and efficient:
- Have waste out by 7 am. Ensure it is at the curb, not up on your property.
- Bags and containers should not be too heavy and should not tear when lifted.
- Break down boxes and bag all recyclables.
- Ensure all items, including branches, are no greater than 1.2 meters in length.
- Bag items such as kitty litter, ashes, shredded paper, Styrofoam and doggy doo.
- Avoid parking in front of any bin or cart, especially at multi-unit buildings or in the cart pilot areas.
Remember to bring all hazardous, electronic, large and heavy items to the Transfer Station for proper handling and disposal.
Roots of Empathy
Are you a proud parent with a new baby? Will your baby be 2-4 months old in October?
You and your baby could be a Roots of Empathy Family. Roots of Empathy is a program for elementary school children.
The program’s aim is to increase empathy - the ability to understand how another person feels.
Children learn to care for and respect each other, and there is less bullying and aggression. Be a Roots of Empathy Family.
- A baby with one or both parents visits a local classroom over the course of a school year with a Roots of Empathy Instructor.
- The visits are about 30 minutes long, once a month starting in October.
- The program helps children to learn about a baby’s needs and how babies develop and lets children observe the loving relationship between a parent and baby.
- Babies must be between 2 and 4 months old in October.
“Roots of Empathy is about changing the world, child by child.”
- Mary Gordon, Founder/President
For more information please contact:
Youth and Family Coordinator
P: 780-992-6265 C: 780-722-9739
Advertising Now Available on Fort Sask Transit
Transit Holiday Service in August
Due to the statutory holiday, ETS Route 580 and our local service, Fort Saskatchewan Transit Route 582 & 583 will not operate on Monday, August 7. Service for ETS Route 580 and local Fort Saskatchewan Transit Route 582 & 583 will resume on Tuesday, August 8.
Harbour Pool News
Friday, July 28
1:00 – 4:00 pm
Join us for games, prizes, and FUN! A special thank you to Fort Sask Reno for sponsoring this event.
Friday, August 4
Join us for games, prizes, and FUN! A special thank you to Coca Cola for sponsoring this event.
Harbour Pool Customer Service: 780-992-6162
Public Hearing Notice: Bylaw C15-17
PROPOSAL TO AMEND LAND USE BYLAW
LAND USE BYLAW REFRESH
Administration has brought forward a variety of amendments to the Land Use Bylaw to correct wording, grammar, interpretation, formatting and general structure. The proposed amendments can be found on the Public Hearings page.
Take your career in the right direction.
For a complete listing of all open competitions, please visit the Jobs page.