The Small Business Equipment & Technology Grant was established to encourage resident small business owners to invest in equipment and technology that will significantly increase efficiency, productivity, and competitiveness for their business.
- To increase number of local businesses using leveraging equipment and technology to increase efficiency, productivity, and competitiveness.
- To increase long term viability of local small businesses through investments in equipment and technology assets.
- Grant will cover up to 50% of the eligible costs, to a maximum of $5,000, per asset. For the purpose of this grant, an asset will be defined as either a single piece of equipment or several components which form a technology system.
- Amount of grant will be determined based on quality of information detailing how the asset will:
- increase efficiency
- increase productivity
- increase competitiveness
- provide return on investment
- Applicant must have a valid City of Fort Saskatchewan Resident Business Licence.
- Applicant must have less than 50 employees.
- Applicant who are in arrears in municipal taxes or utilities for any owned property in Fort Saskatchewan, will not be eligible.
- Applicants who have previously received a City of Fort Saskatchewan Business Development Program grant within the past 3 years will not be eligible. The lone exclusion is if they have received the Small Business Education Grant.