Outdoor Food Vending

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Outdoor Food Vending, such as Food Trucks and Food Carts, are permitted on privately owned land.  Public land, such as City roads, boulevards, sidewalks, parks and the land surrounding City buildings, may be used during permitted Special Events and Farmers' Markets

Outdoor Food Vendors operating at Special Events should obtain a Business Licence.  Outdoor Food Vendors operating at Farmers' Markets are exempt through provincial legislation.

Outdoor Food Vendor should also ensure they have a valid Food Handling Permit through Alberta Health Services.       

For further information, consult the Outdoor Food Vending Policy