Filing a Complaint

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

To file an assessment complaint to the Assessment Review Board (ARB):

  1. You must complete an ARB Complaint form. If you are using a tax agent, please complete the Agent Authorization form as well. Physical copies of these forms are available at City Hall.
  2. The form(s) must be filled out completely by the assessed person or tax payer of the property, including the reasons for your complaint. Be prepared to present your evidence at the hearing. 
  3. The appropriate fee(s) must accompany the complaint form.
  4. The form(s) must be returned by the date specified on the front of this notice (except for linear property) to:

City of Fort Saskatchewan
Secretary, Assessment Review Board
10005 - 102 Street
Fort Saskatchewan, AB T8L 2C5


Preparing for Your Assessment Complaint or Appeal Hearing 

Information to help you prepare your assessment complaint can be found on the Municipal Affairs website.

If you have questions please contact the Assessment Services Branch at 780-422-1377. To call toll-free, dial 310-0000 then 780-422-1377.


What if I disagree with the decision of the Assessment Review Board (ARB)?

If you disagree with the decision of the Assessment Review Board, you may file an appeal to the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta. An appeal can only be made if you believe that the ARB made an error on a question of law or jurisdiction.

You have 30 days from the date you receive the written decision of the ARB to file your application for "Leave to Appeal" with the court.


Additional Resources