The Municipal Development Plan (MDP) is a statutory document that guides the future growth and development for the entire City of Fort Saskatchewan. Area Structure Plans (ASP’s) are statutory plans that guide the future growth and development for specific areas within the municipality. Amendments require approval from Council and sometimes require approval from the Capital Region Board (CRB).
Prior to submitting a Municipal Development Plan (MDP) & Area Structure plan (ASP) Amendment Package, please consult with Planning & Development Services.
When applying, you must provide:
- MDP & ASP Amendment Application Checklist
- MDP & ASP Amendment Application Form
- Copy of Certificate of Title
- Letter of Request for MDP & ASP Amendment
- Three (3) hard copies of the Land Use Bylaw Amendment Maps
- One (1) digital copy of the Land Use Bylaw Amendment Maps (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- One (1) copy of the Location Map
- All required application fees as specified in the Fees & Charges Bylaw
- Other information as required by Administration to help support your application
*An Owner Authorization Letter is required in absence of the owner(s) signature on the application form
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss your proposed application please contact the Planning and Development Department at email@example.com or call 780.992.6198.