Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Permits are not required for fences that adhere to the Land Use Bylaw

The Land Use Bylaw states that a fence or hedge can be as high as 1.0m (3.3ft) in the front yard, and 1.85m (6.1ft) in the rear yard.  Fences cannot be located on City property.  

To prevent possible conflict with your neighbours, please discuss your intentions to build a fence and determine where your property lines are located early in the process.  

Be sure contact Alberta One Call to locate utilities and services.


Did You Know? You May Need A Special Use Permit

Special Use Permits

Using equipment on City property may require a Special Use Permit.

Download the Special Use of Public Property Permit »