New House Application

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


House constructionDevelopment and building permits for new home construction are essential to ensure your investment is in accordance with the Land Use Bylaw and the Alberta Building Code.  Permits that may be required, depending on your project include:

  • Development Permit
  • Building Permit
  • Electrical Permit (underground and interior)
  • Plumbing Permit (water/sewer, storm sewer and interior)
  • Gas Permit
  • Storm Service Connection Permit

The Land Use Bylaw (LUB) regulates the setbacks from property lines, height, site coverage and more.  For help navigating and interpreting the LUB, contact Planning & Development Services at 780-992-6198.

Your building permit includes an inspection for foundation, framing, vapour barrier (optional), and a final inspection from a Safety Codes Officer.  To arrange an inspection, contact The Inspections Group at the following numbers:

Building Inspection:                780-992-6207

Electrical Inspection:               780-454-5048

Plumbing/Gas Inspection:      780-992-6207

Please note: As of November 1, 2016, the National Energy Code is in effect in the Province of Alberta.  Please ensure you are using the proper forms and application packages.  Your project must conform to those requirements.  Any questions regarding the Energy Code requirements can be directed to our building inspector. 

To receive a timely decision on your application, please ensure your application is clear, legible and complete.  Incomplete applications will not be accepted.  Permit costs are based on the Fees & Charges bylaw.

New House - Application Forms