Development permits for signs are essential to ensure your investment is in accordance with the Land Use Bylaw.
Permits can be applied for with Planning & Development Services, located on the 2nd floor of City Hall (10005 102 Street). When applying for permits please provide:
- Development Permit application
- New Sign Development – Permit Application Information Sheet
- 2 copies of drawings showing the design and dimensions of the sign and structure
- 2 copies of the site plan showing the proposed location and distance from property lines
- Electrical permit if necessary
- All required application fees as specified in the Fees & Charges Bylaw
Garage sale signs may be placed on public property 24 hours before and after the sale. Please do not place signs on the 98 & 99 Avenue boulevards to avoid damaging the underground irrigation system.
For help navigating and interpreting the Land Use Bylaw, contact Planning & Development Services at 780-992-6198.
To receive a timely decision on your application, please ensure your application is clear, legible and complete. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.