Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Development permits for signs are essential to ensure your investment is in accordance with the Land Use Bylaw. 

Permits can be applied for with Planning & Development Services, located on the 2nd floor of City Hall (10005 102 Street).  When applying for permits please provide:

  • Development Permit application
  • New Sign Development – Permit Application Information Sheet
  • 2 copies of drawings showing the design and dimensions of the sign and structure
  • 2 copies of the site plan showing the proposed location and distance from property lines
  • Electrical permit if necessary
  • All required application fees as specified in the Fees & Charges Bylaw

Garage sale signs may be placed on public property 24 hours before and after the sale.  Please do not place signs on the 98 & 99 Avenue boulevards to avoid damaging the underground irrigation system. 

For help navigating and interpreting the Land Use Bylaw, contact Planning & Development Services at 780-992-6198.

To receive a timely decision on your application, please ensure your application is clear, legible and complete.  Incomplete applications will not be accepted.

Sign Permit Application Forms