Commercial, Industrial, Institutional and High-Density Multi-Family Development

Permits are required before you start any work to ensure your new project meets the regulations.

If you have questions about developing commercial or industrial land? We are here to help. Call us at 780-992-6198 or visit us during business hours.

Who can apply?

The business owner or their contractor can apply for the development and building permits. A licensed contractor is required to complete any gas, plumbing or electrical work and pull permits.

How do I apply?

Download the Accessory Development (Commercial, Industrial, Institutional and High Density Residential) Application Package

Download the Commercial, Industrial, Multi-Family Development Permit Application Package

You can apply for permits:

  • In person to Planning & Development Services. We are on the Lower Level of City Hall, 10005 102 Street, Fort Saskatchewan.
  • By email to:

Not sure what you need? Call us at 780-992-6198.

How much do the permits cost?

Permit costs vary based on the type of work.

View the Planning & Development Fee Schedule