Compliance Certificate

A compliance certificate is a common condition of sale during the sale of a property. The City does not require Compliance Certificates, but offers them as an optional service. Compliances are based on a Real Property Report (RPR), a survey of your property and the buildings on it. You can have a private survey company prepare the RPR.

If the buildings on your property follow the Land Use Bylaw, we will issue a Compliance Certificate. If an issue is identified, we will issue a Compliance letter.

How do I apply?

You can apply for a Compliance Certificate either in person or by mail with Planning & Development Services. We are located on the 2nd Floor of City Hall (10005 102 Street, Fort Saskatchewan). You will need to provide: