Electrical, Plumbing and Gas Permits

When you change, add or move electrical, plumbing or gas systems, a permit is required. You will need to have the permit in hand before you start the work.

Who can apply?

If you are the owner of a single family house, live in the home and do the work yourself, you can apply for an electrical, plumbing or gas permit.

In all other situations, a licensed contractor can apply for the permit and do the work.

How do I apply?

You can apply for permits:

  • In person to Planning & Development Services. We are on the Lower Level of City Hall, 10005 102 Street, Fort Saskatchewan.
  • By email to: fortplanning@fortsask.ca

Not sure if you need an electrical, plumbing or gas permit? Call us at 780-992-6198.

How much does an electrical, plumbing or gas permit cost?

We price electrical, plumbing & gas permits using the Fees & Charges Bylaw. Permit costs depend on the type of work, cost of work or finished area.

View the Planning & Development Fee Schedule

More resources

New Underground Electrical Service Installation Guide