Temporary Tent

Are you wanting to use a temporary tent for your next event? You will need to have the permit in hand before you can put up the tent.

Do I need permits for my temporary tent?

The size of the tent and its purpose will determine what permits you will need.

A Development Permit is required if:

  • Your individual or group of tents will be set up for longer than 5 consecutive days and cover an area larger than 10 square meters (107 square feet).

A Building Permit is required for:

  • An individual or group of tents the covers more than 60 square meters (645 square feet) of ground;
  • A tent that covers less than 60 square meters (645 square feet) of ground but is within 3 meters of another structure; and/or,
  • Any tent(s), no matter the size, that will contain commercial cooking equipment.

What do I need to submit?

Download the Temporary Tent Application Package

  • A Development Permit application form (if required as noted above)
  • A Building Permit application form
  • A Construction Fire Safety Plan application form
  • A site plan showing where you want to place the tent. Include distances to property lines and other buildings or structures on site
  • Flame-Resistant Certificate
  • Tent Specifications
  • Interior floor plan of the tent showing any cooking facilities, fire extinguisher locations, doors, windows etc.
  • Engineers stamp for metal frame

When should I apply?

Applications & supporting documentation should be submitted a minimum of 15 business days prior to your event date.

How do I apply?

  • By email to: fortplanning@fortsask.ca
  • In person to Planning & Development Services, located in the Lower Level in City Hall during regular business hours.


View the Planning & Development Fee Schedule

We price permits using the Fees & Charges Bylaw.