Fort Saskatchewan Mediation Services (FSMS)
What is mediation?
Mediation provides the support of a third party, neutral mediator to create a safe place for people in a dispute to have a discussion and explore how to resolve a conflict.
Conflict is a normal part of day to day life- unresolved conflict can make life difficult and stressful. A breakdown in communication is often a key contributor to the conflict or why it cannot be resolved.
If you have a concern about:
- Pets or fences
- Property Maintenance
- Personal Differences
- Civil Claims
Our volunteer mediators are trained "discussion guides" who...
- Are non-judgmental and support all parties
- Create a safe environment for open and honest discussion
- Listen carefully and help facilitate and encourage dialogue
- Promote problem solving and believe the best solutions come from those involved in the situation
How does it work?
- Contact us (in confidence). You may call for yourself, a client, or a friend.
- We will explain the mediation process, listen to your concerns, and contact others involved to determine if mediation is a viable option.
- Mediations are scheduled for a time that works best for everyone involved.
- The average mediation takes about two hours with additional sessions schedules if necessary.
Don LehmanPhone: 780-913-4736