10005 - 102 St
Fort Saskatchewan residents must license their pets as outlined below. No person residing at any Dwelling Unit shall be the Owner and/or house more than three cats and or three dogs older than 6 months at any one time. Every cat/dog owned by a resident of Fort Saskatchewan must be licensed.
Click here to Apply or Renew a Licence
|Neutered or Spayed Cat or Dog||$25|
|Unaltered Cat or Dog||$35|
|Nuisance Dog License||$100|
|Restricted Dog License||$150|
Rates for 65+
|Neutered Cat or Dog||$15|
|Unaltered Cat or Dog||$25|
|Nuisance Dog License||$50|
|Restricted Dog License||$75|
Penalties and repeat violations are subject to escalating fines. Complete copies of the Animal Control Bylaw and Penalties are available from the Community and Protective Services Department.
Other Domestic Animals
The only other domestic animals allowed within Fort Saskatchewan are rabbits and pigeons (four maximum) and they must be confined, and meet the standards of care within the Animal Control Bylaw (S.9).
- Second or subsequent offences within one year are double the amount of the fine for the first offence
- It is an offence to deliberately or willfully and with malicious intent, injure, hurt or otherwise harm any animal
- To obstruct an Animal Control Officer who is attempting to capture or who has captured an animal in accordance with the bylaw is an offence
- It is an offence to unlock or unlatch or otherwise open the vehicle in which captured animals have been placed so as to allow or attempt to allow them to escape
- Only the Pest Control Officer can kill or cause to be killed and remove same from the City limits, any rabid animal, unless written permission from the Pound Keeper is given
- The carcass of any dead animal exposed to rabies shall be surrendered upon demand to the Pound keeper
What do I do when my cat or dog gets lost?
If your lost pet was found by Animal Control while wearing a city License Tag, an officer will call you as soon as possible to arrange for you to be reunited with your pet. All lost pets which do not have License Tags or other ID will be posted on the Animal Control Facebook page in hopes of finding the owner. If your pet is not listed, and you have not been contacted: call the City’s Animal Control at 780-997-7930, and your information will be collected, and efforts will be made to try and locate your missing pet.