Utility Services Providers

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


EPCOR Energy Alberta GP Inc. offers the Regulated Retail Offering (RRO) for electricity service. Wires service (distribution and transmission) is provided by Fortis Alberta. Your electricity bill will include both the consumption fees and distribution fees as well as admin charges and taxes. To set up the service, contact EPCOR at 310-4300 or 1-800-667-2345 (toll free).

Direct Energy Regulated Services (DERS) provides regulated natural gas. Distribution is provided by ATCO Gas. Consumption fees, distribution fees, admin charges and taxes will be included in your gas bill. To set up the service, contact DERS at 1-866-420-3174.

For more information about the regulated rates and other competitive energy companies with de-regulated rates or contracts, please visit Utilities Consumer Advocate.


The City of Fort Saskatchewan purchases water from the Capital Region Northeast Water Services Commission, and the water is purchased from EPCOR. To set up water service for your new home, manage your utilities bills and payments, call the City’s Utility Department at 780.992.6178 or visit the Utilities page.


Sewage treatment is provided by the Capital Region Wastewater Services Commission. Sewage treatment fees will be reflected in your bi-monthly utility bill. If you encounter sewer problems, call 780.992.6208.


The City of Fort Saskatchewan has weekly residential waste and curbside recycling pick-up. Visit the Organics, Waste & Recycling page for more information.


Both Shaw and Telus provide home phone, internet and TV services. Visit their websites for more information.