Using Your New Cart
Once you have sorted your waste into the appropriate cart...
- On your garbage day, bring all three carts to the road
- The carts must be kept away from parked cars and separated from each other
- Place your carts at the curb or in the mouth of your driveway no later than 7 am
- Carts that are not out when the truck goes by will not be collected
If your property is beside a…
- curb: place your carts about 30 centimetres or one foot away from the curb.
- public lane: place your carts as close as possible to the edge of the public lane.
The lid of your cart should open toward the street.
Allow more than one arm’s length clearance on all sides of the cart and five metres clearance above the cart from obstacles (e.g. tree limbs and awnings). You may also place individual carts on opposite sides of the driveway.
Keep your carts in a location in your yard or garage that works for you.
If you have excess waste that does not fit into the cart, it must be brought to the Transfer Station or kept until you have room in the cart.
If you have any questions or concerns contact City’s public works office at (780) 992-6248 or email: email@example.com