Our Public Works team ensures Fort Saskatchewan's arterials, streets and pedestrian routes remain safe and passable for drivers and pedestrians.

Curbs and Sidewalks

To report a damaged curb or sidewalk, please fill out a Fort Report request.

Signs and Signals

To report any of the following, please fill out a Fort Report request. Be sure to provide a location description so we can quickly dispatch a crew to make necessary repairs.

  • removed or vandalized traffic signs
  • traffic signals that are burnt out or malfunctioning
  • damaged poles on traffic lights and pedestrian signals


Sometimes, streetlights need repairs. You can report a problem online, or call 310-WIRE (9473). They will send a Power Line Technician to make the repair. Request a streetlight repair with FORTIS.

Street Sweeping

Seasonal street sweeping removes sanding materials, litter and other debris to reduce dust and make streets safer for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists; street sweeping also prevents grit and debris from entering our stormwater system.

  • No Parking signs are placed on the streets a minimum of 72 hours before work begins. Vehicles left parked on signed streets may be ticketed and/or towed.
  • All curb ramps and other objects must be removed from streets prior to sweeping operations.
  • Residents are encouraged to sweep sand from winter operations on the road prior to street sweeping.
  • To report a concern regarding street sweeping, please submit a Fort Report request.

View the Residential Street Sweeping Schedule

Winter Maintenance

When road conditions become slippery, sanding operations are initiated. Streets are sanded according to the priority sequence, with special attention given to intersections, hills and curves. Residential street sanding will occur as per priority map and if criteria is met.

View Snow Clearing Priority Map

Snow clearing in residential areas starts only after higher priority areas have been completed. If it begins to snow again while crews are working on residential streets, they go back to clearing the priority areas before picking back up where they left off in the residential area.

To report a concern regarding winter maintenance, please submit a Fort Report request.

Temporary Road Right-of-Way sign

Community organizations must complete a permit for the use of temporary signs on City of Fort Saskatchewan road right-of-way.

View the Road Right-of-Way Guidelines

Download the Road Right-of-Way Permit Application Form

The completed form must be submitted to the City either via e-mail, or in person to:

Public Works
11121 – 88 Avenue
Fort Saskatchewan, AB